Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Commuinity Network with BCM50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

megs28

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2010
CA
We currently have QTY 5 standalone BCM50s, running at various software levels, and using the voice gateways to dial between each BCM. We are adding in two new physical office locations and I'm debating about how I will set things up to incorporate them.

It has been recommended to go with the IP Office 500, and then use the Small Community Network to hook into the other "networks", for interoffice dialing. Could anyone comment on using a SCN with BCM 50s as well? Any GOTCHAS? What are the licensing requirements?

That's what I thought..... Thanks for the quick response :)

How does that all get set up? Is it essentially the same way that we have our H323 trunking between sites setup? We have different destination digits for each office. I'm familiar with the BCM but quite new to the IP Office world!

You will need someone who is familiar with IPO really, it's a bit much to teach on here from where you stand, the 2 systems are very different :)

SCN is an Avaya propitiatory protocol built on top of H323 and as such will only work IPO to IPO

you can set up basic H323 trunks on the IPO which will give basic call handling functionality between an IPO and any H323 compatible system

if the people who suggested using SCN know you are trying to connect to a BCM then I would suggest you re-evaluate your supplier

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back