Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small caps in running heads - case problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickWynne

Technical User
Aug 6, 2009
FR
My running head reproduces text which appears mixed-case in the body of the doc. I want the head in small caps all of the same size. There is no way I can find to force it to be all 'lower-case' (or upper-case), ie to avoid getting larger initial caps. Any ideas? I can't believe this is not possible.

You're running head should be on the master page.

Then you only have 2 instances, left and right page, to change the running head style to your liking.

What version of InDesign are you using?

Did you manually insert each running head on all the pages and not use a master page?

Yep done all that. When you apply the style Small Caps (via the button at TL on toolbar) to the running head on the master page, you get 'mixed case' heads, ie a larger small cap where there was a leading cap in the original text, on the actual pages.

And when you 'change case' on the master running head to, eg, all lower case or all upper, it has no effect on the generated running heads.

What?

Follow my link in my signature to a blog, and my contact info is there.

Can you do a Save As and then follow this please, I'd like to see the file:

Can you go to your file and go to File>Export and choose InDesign Interchange (.inx)

And forward it to me.

It doesn't have to be the whole file, or the actual text, just a few pages, and you can remove any sensitive data.

OK, will do this evening (This is not my day job) And thanks for showing interest!

OK it's fixed - somehow I missed that you could edit the header variable to control the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back