Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Business PBX 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw164

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
US

Good morning,

I wanted to get opinions on what techs here feel is the best small business phone system. We currently have a WIN 440ct phone switch and i am looking to upgrade it. I need to have at least 8 CO lines and 16 Digital phones. I have looked at the SPX IP 320 and Talkswitch 480VS. Both seem like good system, but find i would have to buy lots of expansion modules to make it work. I have a wide budget so i am looking for a range from low end to high end.

Thank you,

Scott

Hi guys,
Have a look at Aastra also,
You will see really good products, much better than boxes :)

They are real competitors to Avaya, Cisco, Alcatel,Siemens, Mitel and make solid products. I am happy with their products.
Their MX-one/Aastra 700 and businessphone (Aastra 400 the successor) are solid platforms and really feature-reach.
MX-one is the best platform for allowing to configure it in the deepest detail. This platform makes an engineer understand how telecommunications work by allowing them to see how the pieces communicate inside the platform and not only to check/uncheck boxes for activating/deactivating features but also understand the backstage activity.
Their 20 years old card are still compatible with the last software version.

Good luck!

Avaya, Cisco,NEC,Siemens,Panasonic, InterTel/ Mitel and Win are in our customer corporate locations that we maintain . Each has its weak/strong feature that fit for the need at the time.

For your size with performance/price/ease of use , Avaya IPO 500 v2 is a good start for a base line for comparison . Just don't run in yucky Partner or Nortel key mode.

Ask each vendor for a real demo and make up your decision . If you can not get a demo in order to beat the heck out of it for a week, walk away from that vendor as you more likely is not going to get a real support after you bought into the mess :)

Best box is the black box with no name yet but it has all the features that your business would depend on it.

Personally , I like Asterik /its public domain variant as I can break & tweak & scream at my own toy . I would not dare to even suggest it to the client - unless they are Unix/Linux shop with patience to figure it out themselves and not calling me .

Just my 1 cent ( inflation done drop my value in half )

Allworx is the way to go can run the system in PBX mode or key system you can’t beat it in price and is very easy to install. 6x comes with 6 analog ports unlimited sip trunking and no per user licensing. Check it out

says it all in my book.

They have a system that let's you use older nortel phones on a new VoIP platform. I ve been looking more into this and hope to test it in my home lab.

It also let's you use any sip phone as well.

Being a Nortel Tech for years I loved the BCM but since Avaya consumed the Nortel platform I have been installing a lot of Avaya IP Offices lately. I also work with the Alcatel Omni PCX which isn't bad either but from a ease of programming if the BCM isn't available go with the IP Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back