Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Business Copier Service Agreements 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
If anyone can suggest a better forum, I'll try posting there instead. Frankly, for this particular question, I don't think there is a good specific forum, and I kinda doubted there would be.

At our church, we've been leasing copiers through a couple of different Copier Suppliers/Servicers.

My question is this: If we were to buy a copier, is it possible that one of these companies might provide a service contract with no lease?

Or can anyone point me in the direction of some good research along these lines?

I'm curious about what I can found in regards to all of this, currently, b/c we're coming to the end of our current lease in 4 months, and we've already had one company try to sell us on their deal.

Any thoughts/references/suggestions would be appreciated.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Sorry, I've had just too many things going on myself, and we have at least gotten quotes from a few different companies now. As far as I know, it kinda looks like we may stick with the current company anyway.

--

There is no problem with that. If you would like me to review the contracts for structure and cost savings erosion over the term prior to you signing, I would be glad to do so. All fees are out of savings from the final contract you would sign.

Just thought I'd post an update. We found out that with our current contract, when the contract expires, we just keep going "month to month" with the current copier until we decide to do different. So that isn't so bad, b/c it's working, and we've got a decent rate. So, with that said, with everything else we're trying to get sorted, this one can sit on the shelf most likely if need be. [wink]

--

It's great to hear you dug into it and are on a month to month. Technology is going down 6-8% a year and supplies (toner)is also going down. When the time is right, you will be able to get into a similar machine for less money and your service/supply rate will also be lower. Please let me know if I can help you down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back