Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SM56 freezing PC on disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesey

Programmer
Mar 10, 2003
GB
Hi

Did a clean (format) win98SE re-install on a friends PC (PIII500/Shuttle BX/128Mb/GForce 2 MX) at the weekend. This has resolved a number of issues. However a one new one has been introduced.

Whenever you try to disconnect from the internet the PC locks up and the reset button is needed to re-boot (the three fingered salute doesn't work). However if you disconnect by pulling the modem cable it doesn't lock-up.

Used latest (84.41) drivers from motorola site.

Anyone seen this before? Or have any suggestions?

Steve

hello there,
I have a problem with auto reconection .I have the motorola sm56 modem and the problem starts after my cut off from ntlworld after two hours. The modem starts to dial for about a second then cuts off and up comes another box and the process is repeated until ten attempted connections are made.
I have tried using a different dialer and this has worked in the sense that it does connect to the net automatically but nothing downloads it's like an empty connection.

This problem has been bugging me for so long now!

Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Paul Twell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back