Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SM call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepsim

Technical User
Jun 29, 2011
GB
If you have two SIP trunks with same SIP entity lets say CM , how can you route call via a particular SIP trunk from Session Manager. Simple idea is to keep outgoing on one and incoming on the other.

I would think if you were trying to route from CM to SM you would use AAR/ARS no?

You would make 2 node names in CM with the same IP for SM, and route on different far end node-names in your sig groups, and in SM, you would make 2 different SIP entities for the same CM.

You could also use sub-domains, like callcenter.yourcompany.com, SIPapplicationSequencing.yourcompany.com to differentiate too. Its tidier as you scale, but if you just want to differentiate 2 different kinds of traffic on 2 different trunks on CM/SM, then using different ports is quick'n'dirty

I know that you couldn't control the sip calls route from particular SIP trunk from Session Manager to CM. It is because SM using proxy concept routing gateway. Even though you have two or above SIP trunks in CM.

Correct me if I am wrong.

In SM, routing policies select a SIP entity as destination.
Correct, you cannot choose a particular entity link for a given SIP entity, but, consider:
Sip Entity named CMAppSequencingForSipPhones: 10.10.10.10
Sip Entity named CMIncomingCallsForPSTNSIPtrks:10.10.10.10
Build an entity link for the first CMAppSeq, port 5060
Build an entity link for the second CMPSTN, port 5062

You can then define a routing policy to use the 1st entity (and by association, its entity link) as destination, and a 2nd routing policy for the second.

Then build 2 SIP trunks in CM to accommodate. I've done this for someone with voicemail, SIP phones, AACC, etc all coming into CM, but wanting to have trunk group measurements in CM relative to the type of traffic such that each far end application had its own CM trunk group to pull reports from.

Hi kyle555,

Same CM IP address won't be able to create two different SIP entity in SM. Are you sure it works and appreciate it if you could share the SM version for my reference.

Ava88

I'm latest-ish 6.3.4, and I can create the same SIP entity several times with the same IP but different names

Hi kyle555

Thanks for your information. Your method is workable and let me understand more about the SM routing feature. Thanks!

Thanks , in prev versions you could use local host name resolution to create 2 SIP entities with same IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back