Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow through put to disk ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patstone

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have a Dell MD1000 attached via SCSI to a Dell PowerEdge 2850 media agent. In the past few days I have attached a Dell MD3000i to the same Media Agent via iSCSI.

I presented a 6TB LUN on the MD3000i to be used as Backup to Disk and pointed the Primary backup to disk to this new Mag Lib. My problem since doing this is the transfer speed - I used to get 60Gb /hr backing up to the MD1000 but now I only get 3Gb /hr on the MD3000i. As a test I presented a smaller LUN of 2TB but am still getting 3Gb /hr

I am running Simpana 7 and Windows 2003 Std

You can try increasing the number of streams configured on the storage policy that writes to disk. Also make sure the writers to streams ratio is correct.

Thanks for your response ... One off the first things I did was to increase the streams but it made no difference

I had a very similar problem and it turned out to be a misconfig with the iSCSI initiator. Sorry, don't remember the exact fix.

Is the MD3000i on the same network segment and vlan as the CS?

Try forcing the MD3000i interface, server interface and switch ports to 1GB/Full.

Are you able to copy files at a high rate to the iSCSI drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back