Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Sip Dial Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

gswimfrk

Technical User
Feb 8, 2013
US
Hello everyone.

Users across the system are complaining that the IPO when dialing out to sip trunks are "Slow". For example, users will select appearance "a"-"9"-"dial number". After dialing the last digit, they usually wait about 7-10 seconds before they hear the connecting tone.

The dial delay is set to 0, comfort tone is active. Any ideas?

We use broadvox as our sip provider, pings to their servers are low latency. We are running IPO 8.1(79)

Thanks!

Check your System Short Codes.
Make sure you have one that reads 9N;
Code: 9N;
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: N
Line Group: 9
Locale: Can be left Blank
Force Account Code: Leave Unchecked

Add a New Code
Code: 9XXXXXXXXXXX(11 Capital X's)
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: N
Line Group: 9
Locale: Can be left Blank
Force Account Code: Leave Unchecked

This will Dial out once a full 1-555-555-5555 Number has been out.

Awesome, this makes the system dial 11 digit numbers immediately. However, won't I have trouble dialing 3 digit numbers like 911 as the system waits for me to complete all the numbers?

Thanks

Cheers
I believe that in the ARS that 911 and 11 (incase they forget to press 9 to dial out 1st) is set to dial emergency by default. All that the second short code does is dial once 11 digits is reached, unlike the default which waits for a couple seconds after the last digit was entered.

Just press the pound key (#) after dialing.

I understand quick but you must tell me often, i,m not sick, i,m normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back