Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow shut down after windows update 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapibobo

Technical User
Aug 8, 2002
ID
i try to update win2k via winsupdate site and i choose everything on the "drivers and patches" to install. mostly i remember are security patches.
but after that every time i shutting down windows it takes considerably time to complete. somehow it get buzzy on "saving your settings" status. no harddisk indicator blinking. looks like win hang for a while.
my friend told me that i should not grab everything winsupdate offer me, some patches are for specific configuration and it might be useless to download it.

can you please tell me what should i do? i do not make any note about every patches i downloaded. is there any service i can stop?
please help. thank you.

thanks, but i still dont get what you mean. what should i uninstall? where can i look at? is there any list somewhere in the windows to look any update i have been installed?

Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Double-Click on Add/Remove Programs.
Scroll down until you see a list of Windows update patches.
Select the one for the 329170 update and click on Remove.

It will complain that it is tied in with several other update patches, but you can ignore this warning and go ahead and remove the update.

Then reboot your computer.

you are correct!
thanks for your help, now my win2k back to normal again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back