Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow saving form changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranebill

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2002
US
I was wondering if anyone has had issues with this. Any time i change coding and need to save a form it takes forever to save. Approx 5 min. I was working on this from a network so i moved file to local machine and it did not change any so that rules out network traffic issue. I have tried to do the changes on another machine. Same thing so that rules out my machine. I am running Access 2002(10.4302.4219)SP-2 on an XP Pro 1.5 GHZ Machine with 512k RAM. I know this may really not be the forum to ask this but since i run into this more often than not when i am coding i figured you guys may have run into the same thing at some point. File size is about 1.5 meg.

Thanx in advance,
Bill

Dumb question but, have you compiled and compacted the app? Also try creating a new mdb file, and importing all the objects from the current file.

Actually yes and already did that too lol... i have read somewhere though that this may be a result of the service packs... anyone know how to uninstall them... at least this would tell me if this may be part of the problem...

Bill

I regularly make it part of our development process to rebuild our ADP: create a new ADP, import everything, reset the references, recompile, compact.

Saves several squigabytes, but within minutes of starting work on the new ADP, it's big and slow again.

It only seems to be forms that are slow to save: reports seem fine.

So I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any fixes!

JamesH@sunsail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back