Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow remote Office followup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckaye

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
US
I posted another message previously, but now I'm wondering if an entire remote office connecting to our Citrix server could be slow as a result of improper server settings in the remote office. They use a server for DHCP and local printing, but the DNS settings on each client machine in that office point to an external DNS server instead using their domain controller for DNS. Could this result in the slowdown they experience when connecting to our Citrix server in our local office?

I'm really reaching here...

How are the ICA clients set up? Are they broadcasting across the WAN link to find the Citrix servers? That would definetly slow it down. Also, which version of MetaFrame are you running?

Chris

Using Metaframe XP, sp2 fr2. They use the full Citrix Program Neighborhood to get to the published apps. When I set them up, I used the internal address of our Citrix server in our local office.

Are you saying that wasn't the correct way to go?

When you say the internal addresses, are you using the IP addresses or the hostnames? Also, I think that for MetaFrame XP, the recommended protocol for the client is to use TCP/IP+HTTP, but I don't think it really matters if your specifying the servers by their IP address.

Chris

Yes, internal IP address, and the setting is TCP/IP+HTTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back