Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow playback on other OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxg257

Programmer
Jul 11, 2003
US
I created a projector file on Win 2000 using Director 8.5. It will be run from a cd. The timing is fine when played on Win 2000, however when I play it on Win 95,98, XP, the playback is very slow. The avi files play back at the same rate as they do in 2000 but the gifs that I animated in Director and photos (also saved as gifs) that fade in/out are playing incredibly slow. Does anyone know what is causing this? I tried setting the cast member properties of the 'gifs' and also creating the projector file on the diff OS's, it isnt' helping!

Thanks!

Hi,
I think that the problem is not in which OS you used to create Projector file. The playback of your file will be slow on some configuration with older processor or graphic card, especially if you have some transparent SWF file inside of Projector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back