Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Outlook Clients, backed up MTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideySMJ

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster in one of our locations that has been working fine for several months. Over the last couple of days users have started having problems with Outlook briefly locking up on them when doing simple tasks. Moving a message to a folder, deleting messages, moving between mailboxes, etc. I've also noticed that the MTA queues for "Local Delivery" and that point to specfic Stores will briefly back up. Nothing huge, 20-30 messages, but that shouldn't be happening at all. It seems like the "lag" occurs for a few seconds then goes away, then will come back a few seconds later.

The machine is a 3GHz Dual processor, 4GB RAM, plenty of drive space. CPU is barely utilized, Memory is well below half as is disk space. No strange error messages in the event logs. Has anyone seen this? Anything you can suggest? Any KB articles I can look at? Any help at all would be much appreciated.

"I reject your reality and substitute one of my own.

Please disregard, I figured this problem out. We have a SAN we are using as our disk storage for the cluster and Write Caching was turned off on the disk. Once I turned that back on everything smoothed out.

"I reject your reality and substitute one of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back