Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Order Entry Invoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

boycey9

Programmer
Mar 28, 2006
GB
Hi, I have recently taken over admin of this Accpac system so I am very green.
We have 2 companies set up and all working fine apart from one user.
This user finds it extremley slow when running an Invoice print from order entry when in one company only. I have tried changing all hardware and at the moment have the users PC plugged in to the network core to eliminate any problems. I have asked the user to try logging on as themselves on another PC at lunch time and will await the results but I need some ideas on where to go next if this doesnt show anything.
I have also temporarily removed the virus checker to prove if this was causing a prob (It was symantec)
Any help is appreciated.

Version?
Database?
Does it take a long time before printing the invoice, or after printing the invoice?

I did a help and about and it gives a list of various apps, all the main ones are 5.2A but a couple of others are 5.02. Sorry for being vague but as I said Im very new to this App.
It is running on a MSSQL database. We have recently put 1Gb Ram in all client PC's as the app seems very memory intensive.

Quick update - this is confusing me even more now.
Got another user to log on to this PC and it ran fine for them so thought it was user associated. But got the user with the problem to log on to another machine and it ran for her ok on that machine.
It happens when you click the Print button while it retrieves all the records.

Adding all that RAM won't make any difference, Accpac is not that memory intensive. Look at the Accpac ODBC DSN's for that user (logged in to the bad PC). You might have some User DSN's that are misconfigured. Delete and recreate.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Thx for reply, will give that a go. Unfortunately cant do it until next week as user is too busy at mo and on holiday soon so wants to wait. will let you know if it works.

Walk over and smack the user on the head. Deleting the DSN's will take less time than printing ONE invoice. If this is the problem it will make him/her work faster and more effective and actually save time.

Hi, recreating the DSN's did not work however deleting the windows profile and recreating did, Although only tempoary as problem is now back. Anyone got any ideas on other things in the profile which might slow it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back