Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow ODBC (IIS, ODBC, cals to datbases via www)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwana

MIS
Sep 22, 1999
US
I provide access to several databases vai the WWW. I am running NT 4.0 on the server. Our are written in ASP. I don't know how to find out which version of IIS or Jet I have installed, but nothing has been upgraded in the last 2.5 years except service pack 6. When a query is run, the server is very slow in providing a results page from the database. I assume that the ODBC is slow. Do I need to upgrade Jet and ADO to resolve this problem? Thanks very much for your help.<br>

Hi;<br>
<br>
Just in case someone has this problem, here is how I resolved it. The SQL logging wasset on and the sql.log was 156Mb. It size slowed new appendations of messages to the file and, hence slowed down queries to the databases vai the Internet. Deleting the log file and setting a size limit on the new log file resolved the problem.

the latest MDAC screwed me over in my NT 4.0, Oracle8, IIS, 3.0, ASP environment. Not sure about IIS 4.0 tho... I lost all kinds of connectivity and it took a few days to figure it out. lucky it was a test system only.<br>

I'm using ASP with service pack 6a.&nbsp;&nbsp;SQL database works fine but foxpro 2.6 is slower than before service pack 6a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back