Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow network utilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcLara

Technical User
Dec 7, 2001
US
newbie...i just recently installed win2k server on a dell machine. i have a gigabit card on the server. the only client it has, has win2k pro with a gigabit card also. when i am trying to save files from the client to the server, it is very slow. i started network monitor to check, the percent utilization is very, very low so as the bytes per second. is there anyway to increase the network utilization since i only have one client?

What about the cables and hub between the two? Are both of those capable of supporting a gigabit connection?

i have cat6 cables and 10/100 hp procurve switch connecting the two. somebody here suggested, not too long ago, to use the advance option properties of the network card to increase the speed. unfortunately, my nic doesn't have it. getting files from the server seems a lot faster than saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back