Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Mail Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

timwescott

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
GB
I'm using cc:Mail v8.1 and have one superior post office and 8 subordinate post office's. The NTROUTER.EXE program delivers messages to all post offices but it is very slow.

All servers are connected to and running on a 100Mbs switch. Our offices are connected via 256k frame relay but the delivery does not match this speed.

Is there a way of changing this?

Thanks
Tim

Upgrade to some good mailing system. If Ur company don't have budget then, put lock on the door of company.

Did you look at the MTU set for FR network? They need to match at all sites but you need to experiment with an optimum value that 'll work for all apps.

Also, is the hub too busy with connection to all spokes?
Review the interval for each connection may be helpful.
Is the machine adequately resoured?

These are some of the things that come to mind.
I hope I am able to contribute.

thomas.

If you don't already, you could have multiple NTrouter.exe sessions, each connecting to one of the 8 subordindates concurrently. This is very easy to achieve - you just have different call lists for each of the POs. Make sure your router box is reasonably high-spec box and preferably something stable e.g. Win2k/XP rather than NT.

If all still fails (it shouldn't), I can only imagine you have very high mail traffic, so you could try:
1. Consolidating some of the POs e.g. from 8 to 4. This obviously depends on number of users, size of PO etc
2. Invest in more than one router box. Just make sure you don't have more than one session with the same call list number (or use sublist numbers e.g. 5.1, 5.2 etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back