Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Exchange Mailbox backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsept

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
US
There are two Exchange 2000 Mailbox backups that basically come to a complete halt and don't finish. They start at a decent transfer rate then slow over a few hours.I have to kill them daily. The DB jobs for both of these servers run fine and these mailbox jobs used to run with no problems. The only thing I see is multiple (sometimes 20) bkpbar.exe running even when no backups are running. We have killed these and rebooted the servers a few times and the same problems keep coming back. There are 11 Exchange servers in the environment and these are the only two I am having problems with. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

What does the job detail say?

Are these the biggest mailbox backups?

Failing with what status code?

Thank you for your response. They aren't failing. I have let them run for a very long time hoping for an error (more info)and the progress just stops. I end up killing them myself because I can only run so far into production time.

They are not any bigger than 3 or 4 of the other servers and the mailbox backups used to run well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back