Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow copying to server, but not from server

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtotten

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
US
We are running Windows 2003 with AD. I have admin rights. When I copy data TO the server it takes longer than it should. When I copy from the server to a workstation, it's fast. From one partition to another on the server, it's fast. Any ideas?

Thnaks,
Bill

Yes, it does happen at different workstations. We have a mix of WIN98, WIN2000 and XP Pro.

The NIC settings vary, most are using only TCP/IP.

Full duplex or half duplex
and what about your switch

Full duplex. But, everyone, let me reiterate, it copies TO the server slow. From the server is very fast. I don't think it has anything to do with the network infrastructure. It's something happening when Windows 2003 server has files written to it. I'm guessing it's some sort of AD or security issue. But, I don't know - that's why I posted this message.

Thanks,
Bill

I've had similar problems, but ONLY with WinXP TO the server (it's a well know MS problem, with solutions in their Knoweledge Base)

Are you having problems with WinXp only, or other platforms?

Redlikeme,

My tech told me it was with various platforms, but I've only tried it on XP. DO you know of any specific KB articles that address this?

Dkediger,
No antivirus issue at all.

Thanks guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back