Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sloppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisHirst

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2001
GB
Huffington Post said:
Yelchin's friends became alarmed because he was supposed to meet them hours earlier for a rehearsal. They went to his San Fernando Valley home at around 1 AM and found him pinned between his car and a brick mailbox pillar, which was attached to a security gate.
From The Huffington Post

Would it not be more usual to have a gate attached to a brick pillar?

(edited to fix the quotes)

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

People in the Valley are very different from the rest of us. Their world hinges on an unusual perspective.

Apparently, so do their gates and pillars.

-----------
With business clients like mine, you'd be better off herding cats.

To be fair, a mailbox pillar need not be attached to anything.

Additionally, they may have added the additional detail to convey that the pillar was strong enough to hold up a security gate

my 2 bits

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I believe they're going to remove "proofreader" from the dictionary next year. No one seems to employ them anymore.

Jeff
[small]"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me
[/small]

I have a reference book (quite new). I has so many typos in it, I am wondering if anyone read it before it went to print.

Maybe typewriters should make a comeback, because they didn't have built spell-check and grammar correction (apparently in a different language to the one you are actually using)

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I could of helped you but no one axed me.

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back