Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slipstream Service Packs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcastner

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
A very rare bcastner five star recommendation for this freeware software: Autostreamer

Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000 (All versions)
- Windows XP (All versions)
- Windows 2003 (All versions)

Supported Service Pack files:
- Windows 2000: SP3 onwards (meaning you can't select a SP1/SP2 file as a service pack)
- Windows XP: Any
- Windows 2003: Any

Discussion and download link:

One key problem. I have but two computers here.
The Windows machine is not booting due to missing boot.ini and netldr files. The other machine, still working is a Linux machine, which I can use to create a cd from an iso image. But, I cant run any Windows programs on it.

Thanks
-nat

woops! sorry! I thought I refreshed my browser on my thread!

Have you no Windows buddies or friends or neighbors or a public library?

Or create with your Linux machine a Windows PE image and boot from that:

Well, of course I can try use a buddy's machine. BUT, at what price!<g> I mean like this, 'oh while your here, can you just check this, install that, verify the other'. You know what I mean. Then, I would have to ensure the friend's machine is properly protected, etc., fix all his/her problems first and finally try to get my slipstream!
I am simply looking to solve a [what should be] tiny problem, -simply-. It's hard to grasp that I can't do it via the net.
Is it my fault sp2 rendered my original WinXP cd useless?
Of course, if I exhaust my online attempts, I will need to try the old fashioned way...
Oh, the link you gave me, while its an excellent source, the instructions detail that you MUST have sp2 running in order to build that cd. It is NOT an iso image.

Heck, can't I get a booloader and a boot.ini on a floppy?
-nat

The slipstream method I linked earlier requires nothing more than a temporary use of a folder. This allows you to create a slipstream and use it on your machine.

Painless, and of no danger to your friend's machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back