Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slip errors on meridian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntsville

Vendor
Mar 27, 2004
IN
hello ..
iam getting slips errors (DTA300 messages-Defn: A slip repetition has occurred on PRI2 loop.) and my PRI link gets disconected in 5 mins EVEN IF I ENABLE IT FROM LD 96 AND LD 60.

how do i set it right.

I have a DPRI card whose one PRI port(STAT 0) connected to a Passport. and the second PRI port (STAT 1) connected to another Router with E1 port.
This PRi link(STAT 1) with the router is giving slips links.
Its a meridian 61c with NTCK43 as DPRI card.

i have 2 DPRI cards in slot 0 and Slot 1 and the second card is what is connected to the Clock COntroller card.
some one help me out pls.

---
SSCK 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - TRACK ON LOOP 3
PREF - 3
SREF - 0
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
NO ERROR
.SSCK 1
ENBL
STANDBY
PREF - 0
SREF - 3
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
REF CLK ERR
REF CLK ERR
REF CLK ERR
---
hunts

sounds like the router is not taking the clock source from the meridian. what router are you using?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

in ld73 your thersholds are probably too low - can u verify them

what does lcnt indicate in ld60?

This is a timing problem. It appears you have violated rule one - one network one clock. You should time the passport from a good stratum clock (eg the telco). The other router should have an option to loop the clock in the E1 card. The end result being one unit timing off of the other - or the interface being independent from the units timing source. You could do the same thing in the passport, which is okay if you are not running voice (G732). Remember - Two individual stratum 4 clocks will crash between 3 and 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back