Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sliding windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjctechno

Programmer
Oct 14, 2002
US
I have a wierd problem with a web site. On certain pages IE appears to put in some extra white space when you first display the page and the table below it slides down the page, but if you do a refresh - it goes away, and does not come back ounless you clear the browser cache/history and restart the browser. It works fine in Mozilla/firefox. Here is the URL (Actually a couple of them):

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

That did not work. I got rid of all of them (expect in the menu area) and it still does it. It is strange - when the page is starting to be displayed it looks ok, but afdter it fills up this one text area, the whoile thing "slides" down the page.

The problem is with the iframe.

Code:
</table>

<iframe id="shimleftmenu1_Menu2-menuItem001-subMenu" src="" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" style="position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px;display:none;">
</iframe>

<table class="subMenu" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" id="leftmenu1_Menu2-menuItem001-subMenu" border="0" style="display:none;z-index:1004;">
<tr>
Can you see how the iframe is between the two tables?

I've had this same problem before. I solved it by putting the iframe inside a cell inside a table, then make the width=100% and height=100% to fill up the size of the cell. This will make it fixed to where it won't move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back