Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slideshow button is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

MwareNL

Programmer
Jan 16, 2007
NL
Hi,

I am trying to create a demo, which is a slideshow, moving from one page to the other. I have compared my file with the tutorial file, but can't find what I am doing wrong. Probably it is very simple but I can't get the button to work (I am very new to director). Can anyone help me out with this please, I need to finish my demo this week and I am stuck for weeks. Very grateful if someone replies ;-)

Kind regards,
Miranda

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your reply. I had posted my email address but it was removed for the spammers ;-)
The code is the same as the tutorial file of Director, where the button moves you to the next page. So I have compared everything, I don't see a difference. I can't attach my file here and I don't now how to send it to you, as email addresses are not allowed. ;-(

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Miranda

Hi Kenneth,

the code of the button is:

on mouseUp me
_movie.go("Pg2")
end

I think this is ok, working in the tutorial, but not in my file.

Thanks in advance,
Miranda

Yes the code is fine. Make sure the script type is set to Behaviour and it is actually attached to an object on stage. Also the syntax is Director 10, won't work on Director 9 and earlier.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back