Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sleep Mode broken in win2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolandschwarz2001

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2001
DE
Hello there !

The sleep mode on my win2k system doesn't work any more, has someone an idea how to repair it without reinstalling windows ?

thanks

roland

What is your power management state set at, hibernate, standby, or suspend, and are you receiving a specific error message?

Hi !

I'm trying to "hibernate" the system, the status screen appears , with the message "system is going to hibernate status" or so, but nothing more happens.
Some disc activity, but if you leave the system alone and wait for a while, nothing more happens .

No entries in the systemlog, and no reactions to any keys, only to the reset button.

Thanks for your help!

Roland

Hi again !

I have tried the ideas announced on the site, but software updates didn't help, so , when i have some more time i'll perform a bios update, and then will see what happens .

so long, thanks for the help !

greetings

roland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back