Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL500

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekAndy

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
Just received a new/old SL500, (never been used, but manuf. in 2005). It says I need a one time user/password but it wasn't included. Any ideas? The STK CRC page doesn't seem to have what I need. Thanks for any help!!

Andy

Andy,

The SL500 leaves the factory requiring an activation code. It is a very long upper/lower case/numberic string which will generate the admin and CE logons, and allow the machine to come out of vegetable state.

The online form to do this IS on the CRC, but only the employee logon section, so you will need to contact Sun. If you got the machine from a broker/reseller then then they should get it for you, as I am sure you need a six digit site location number (which you likely won't have). You will also need to quote the serial number.

PS: If its 2005 and never used then it will have early firmware. Don't try to update it or you will wipe the logons and it will need activated AGAIN.

regards,

STKman

Hey Andy, I know that my reply is a little late, but...

The Activation code is not the "only" issue here, for you to be able to configure it you must also need the below mentioned passwords!

username = admin

Admin Password = ?
Service Password = ?
Operator Password = ?

Kind regards - Jens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back