Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL2100 training

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirerun

Technical User
Jun 15, 2018
US
Hi everyone, I’m looking for SL2100 system programming training. I did install a lot of DSX systems back in the day, but never got to SL series and now have some old customers asking for upgrades. Basically need to get back into the game.
My NTAC login doesn’t work anymore, it seems like dealer only resource now. Went to support.necsl2100.com but none of the training videos work under Knowledge base.
Any tips are appreciated

I’ve been on that channel. There are couple random videos, but they are more suitable for someone who already knows the system and needs help with some of the features.
I own sl2100 demo kit and tried following a video on analog trunks quick install using initial setup wizard in PCpro and at one of the steps it should detect trunk type, but for some reason it doesn’t detect any. 3 port CO board is installed and VoIP board is there too, so in my understanding it should have detected analog and sip trunks, but doesn’t. Hardware is definitely working, phone line is connected and digital station rings when I dial in.
I should probably start a separate topic, but it’s probably something simple and if I could get my hands on some programming manual I would figure it out

I think you should report the videos on the support site. That is the official site for support.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Feels like NEC is planning on abandoning SL series all together, no training material, no upcoming webinars.
When official support site is broken, it says it all

Ok so there are 15 videos in the full pack of training videos, have you got access to all? The Features and Specification manual is a great help too. I have quite a collection of training material but it is for the Australian market. Let me know if you are interested.

Register for an NEC account on the NECanytime portal. You should be able to get all the technical info you need once you resisted I would think. The SL series systems aren't going anywhere soon. Pretty hot little system right now. I found the SL2100 system exceedingly simple to program.

I was told by one of the NTAC support members a few years ago they were going to be cutting systems. Too much duplication in the space. Now that they are pushing Univerge Blue products hard you will start to see some of them dropping. I was told a couple of weeks ago that the SV9300 line is going to be end of life shortly but I can't confirm that on their site.

The 9300 has been on the cutting block for some time..and in fact I'm fairly certain it's been announced. The 9100 is damn near as big...the 8100 was FAR FAR smaller. Sorry, the SL2100 fills a niche no one else is in anymore. Small, capable digital phone system. I don't see this product going anywhere anytime soon. They certainly push Univerge Blue. We still sell a hell of a lot of digital phone systems. The whole thing of being able to add what hosted vs premise is a no brainer from a cost standpoint.

@CoralTech it’s easy for you because you know SV series very well and SL series are identical with less functionality. How did you get training back in the day for SV series? My first ever pbx was NEC DSX which is nothing like SL.
To register with NECanytime I need to contact a Channel Manager, I think it’s for NEC Univerge and SV dealers not for over the counter SL series. I had Necam/NTAC login before, but they moved all little guys/resellers/installers to support.necsl2100.com which I don’t mind, just expecting more than they are willing to deliver.
I hope NEC will keep their SL2100 on the market, I start getting calls from old customers who switched to hosted because they thought it would be cheaper and better, some switched during Covid because of remote employees. Now they are getting back into offices and understand why on premises systems beat hosted anytime.
@OzzieGeorge thanks for the tip, you reminded me of something and I did found 16 training videos with pdf documents on my old laptop, I believe uit was shared on one of the last seminars in Chicagoland area by Michael Reagan.
I did manage to program the system and got it up and running based on what I’ve learned, but I’m pretty far from clear understanding how it works. I have a bad feeling that something important is missing or could be improved. I could go an easy way and buy tech support from online resellers, but where is challenge then

OK I figured out what is wrong with the training videos. Give me a few hours to get a solution that will help you.

So the problem with accessing the content is you have to be logged into NECAnytime and Access the NTAC portal before you can connect to the download server.

The download server is which you can't get to unless you are logged in.

Shoot me an email and lets discuss the content you need.

I've been programming these systems since Nitsuko/Tie/UX days. SV training is all online anymore. I am fairly certain they still have classes in Texas. I mean all phone systems do about the same things. It's just a matter of lining up terminology. NTAC leads to the learning center if I am not mistaken. That's where all the online certs are done.

@DoubleDriveLine, you are right, there is a problem with access permissions. If I try to visit former NECNTAC it shows this message:
Welcome. To access this site you must first login using an NEC Anytime account
Login with NEC Anytime
[highlight #CE5C00]SL2100 - Effective 12/01/2021 - SL2100 Support and Training has been moved to [/highlight]
I’ve found all 16 videos and PDFs, file names do match, so I’m assuming there is nothing else out there. Thanks for the offer, but if NEC doesn’t want technicians to have access to NecAnytime resources they must have a valid reason.

Another thing you can do is look for training videos for the SL1100 as it was the predecessor to the 2100 and the videos for that are pretty much valid for the 2100. NEC tend not to duplicate work so if they think the 1100 video was good enough, they won't bother making one for the 2100 and there are heaps of videos out there for the 1100 by the look of it (I did a quick search). Note this also applies to TIBs and cheat sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back