Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL2100 - Forward to Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete83uk

Systems Engineer
Feb 1, 2018
GB
Hi, I have an SL2100 and if I forward my extension to a mobile, if an internal extension calls my extension number it forwards the call to the mobile number, however if I call externally it does not route to the mobile, the call just keeps ringing (although the handset doesn't)

I have 3 analogue lines, it appears that the system doesn't open another trunk to make the external call?

Trunk to trunk transfer is enabled, am I missing something else?

Trunk to trunk connection of two analogue lines is never a good idea. there is no clear down signal on analogue lines. So if you connect two together, the system never knows when the call has finished so the two lines are locked up. There is a way round it but that introduces other issues.

Ok thanks for the advice, how would you get the call diverted to an external number in this setup?

Does anybody know how to acheive this?

There are two options, add a trunk that does have clear down such as ISDN or SIP and only allow forward from PSTN to that/those trunks and vise versa or use a long call timeout and this is the one that carries the problem. If you set a long call timeout, the call will clear down after that timeout making the lines available again for use. However it applies to all calls, so set it low and calls will keep getting cut off, set it high and the lines will be locked up for that time (and incoming calls will go unanswered). For example if you set it at 20 mins, and your call forward to mobile lasts for 2 mins, the lines will be useless for the following 18 mins and you could be missing calls for those 18 mins. This is the reason I do not recommend PSTN to PSTN transfer(PSTN = public switched telephone network aka Analogue lines).

a.22-02= DIL per trunk in Night Service mode.
b.22-07= assign the destination extension per line in Night Service mode.
c.set the forward and switch to Night mode.

I think it will work.

Make sure 20-11-06 + 12 are allowed.
Call forward off premise and unsupervised conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back