Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL2100 behind FreePBX

wirerun

Technical User
Jun 15, 2018
US
Hi NEC gurus, has anyone configured NEC system to work with on premises FreePBX server?
I’ve been looking for call recording solution for awhile now and freepbx seems like a good fit. Plan is to use freepbx as “sip proxy”, it will have 4 sip trunks and 4 extensions set as trunks for NEC to connect to. Calls will be answered by freepbx, greeting will be played and then routed to first available extension which nec will see as a trunk.
Question is how to configure sip trunks on NEC side? Sip subscriber with username and password or IP registration or some other way?

I've had my SV9100 SIP trunked to Asterisk for years with two-way calling between extensions on a common dialplan (eg: NEC extensions 2xx, Asterisk extensions 3xx). IVRs and auto-attendants run on Asterisk and happily transfer calls to NEC extensions. Call recording works fine.

Before the SV9100 it was an SL1100. The SL2100 should be similar in config. I do IP authenticated trunks - not SIP registrations.

If on the FreePBX side you land incoming calls from the NEC in the from-internal context FreePBX will effectively treat them as internal calls and they'll follow the standard FreePBX call routes.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back