Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL1100 vs SV8100 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkie9

Technical User
Jun 8, 2009
GB
We used to install the NEC XN120 as they met our customers requirements, which is mostly small businesses and schools very well, Being modular the system could grow with the customer. I understand the NEC XN120 is going end of life in 5yrs?

We have been recommended the NEC SL1100 but the add on cards appear expensive, I have been looking at the SV8100 as a possible substitute but think the NEC SV8100 CCU maybe a little expensive in basic form for our customers but the add on cards appear reasonable?

Has anyone any experience or opinions of these systems as a replacement for the NEC XN120?

Look forward to hearing about your experiences and opinions of these possible replacements.

Both systems are similar. The SL1100 is under the Nitsuko name and the SV8100 is NEC. The programming is very similar with minor differences. The SV8100 offers two footprints. A standard unit and a smaller 9.5" cabinet which can be added to. All of these systems are designed for IP, however NEC still offers TDM packages, or you can go hybrid. The flexibility and option/feature list is very large for the system size. As with most manufacturers today, their profit is in the licensing and not necessarily the hardware. If price is your major concern, shop around. There are many vendors cutting pricing to the bone just to get work and to satisfy their commitments to NEC.

Thanks belevedere, will contact our supplier for a detailed price and parts list and see if there is any training available on the SL1100 as I think that's the way were going to go.

Yes, there is training modules available on line at
pricing is not bad in U.S. and don't know what country you are located in.

Be ready to learn a different product but seems to be very feature rich more toward IP and networking.
However it does provide TDM service as well.

It does have features which you will also find on the
SV8100 series.

TJ

Thanks for the reply DSX2, I'm in the UK so will have to try some of the programming out as it appears to be tailored for the US market? I've tried looking for the same sort of info on the UK NEC web site but haven't found it yet.

The SL1100 looks a lot more capable than the XN120 with many features built in, we already have one to play around with but as yet not done so, but with this info I think we can have a go.

Many thanks.

Hi Yorkie. I'm in the UK and work on a support desk for this pbx. If I can help in any way, let me know.

Yes, that is correct Yorkie9. This site i posted is for the US market.

TJ

Thanks for the offer GrumpyNortherner,

we are looking at some installation courses with NEC at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back