Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech257

Technical User
May 16, 2005
US
IS THE PROGRAMMING FOR SL-100 DIFFER FROM 61C-81C?

Yes, the SL-100 is similar to the DMS line of switches.

DOES THE SL-100 USE THE 3900 SETS ALSO.

I'm not sure if they can be used or not, we were using the 53xx series phones. I will see if I can find out though

We just had a OPT 61c rel 3.0 installed and is a remote off of our SL-100 and it is like trying to learn to ride a bike again. The 100 is all menu driven and also has alarm bars to visually indicate trouble and is specific to these areas (i.e. cpu/trunks/lines/i/o devices...etc.) but it has made work interesting also because it is fun to learn a new switch. Also there are no "loads" in the 100 there are levels driven by the menu. Also Nars/Bars are considered translation/tables in the 100. Many more differences but those are just a few. email me if you have any specifics you need to know.

IS THEIR LOCAL TRAINING ON THE SL-100 OR DID YOU HAVE TO GO TO GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE. THAT'S WHERE MY TRAINING HAS BEEN.

As far as local do you mean at your switch site?? Yes I have recieved training from nortel as well as Global knowledge.

How much will there be for me to learn in order to administer phones once we IP-enable our 61C, which is running Succession software?

The SL100 itself does not but using a CS2100 IP switch attached to it it can. It also uses the 2033, 110e and 1140e sets as well. The IP switch can be interfaced via a HIOP card in the MS and transition the TDM SL100 to the IP sets via the CS2100 architecture.

You can also do command line on the SL100 up to a point. I remember a job interview I had was simply to log in and pull up the managers phone, they were so hard pressed for techs they just needed to find someone who knew anything haha

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back