Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL-1 wedge phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
I've tried searching and can't come up with a definitive answer....is it possible to use the older style SL-1 Q series "wedge" phones on an option 11?

Does the software support it / can I physically get a Q series card in an option 11 cabinet?

No, OPC cards don't go into OPTION 11

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

No you can't use QPC series cards in a Option 11 as they won't fit.
WHY would anyone want to do this???? If your looking for cheap sets try some 2616 sets for example.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

I'm curious about anyone wanting to use anything that old. Tell us what's going on.

Have one or two laying around, was just going to try one out for kicks.

I watched that Van Damme movie "Lionheart" the other day and the gambling bookies were using the QSU phones. I thought it was funny when I saw that.

Imagine, those phones used to be high tech......

I actually prefer the larger buttons, heavier handset, and classic styling of the old SL-1 sets, so I know where the OP is coming from. Too bad they won't work on an Option 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back