Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Skill Overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
I have a vector that looks like this:

1 announcement 7380
02 queue-to skill 2 pri m
03 goto step 4 if unconditionally
04 collect 1 digits after announcement 7387 for none
05 route-to number xxxxxxxx with cov n if digit = 1
06 route-to number xxxxxxxx with cov n if digit = 2
07 wait-time 30 secs hearing music
08 goto step 4 if unconditionally
09 stop

I have 30 agents with a skill set for this skill 2 and a skill level of 1. I have 5 agents that I want to get calls only if the first 25 agents are not available. How do I do this?

I have already tried to change the five agent id's to have a skill level of 2 but it still doesn't work?

Please advise.

You have to use BSR routing with EAD-MIA strategy to enable that. It includes at least two skills:
1. wait-time 0 secs hearing ringback
2. consider skill 1 pri l adjust-by 0
3. consider skill 2 pri l adjust-by 30

or
2. queue to skill 1st pri m
3. goto step 4 if available agents in skill 1st <1
4. queue to skill 2nd pri l

Thanks GladniJura,

Is this a right to use, BSR? Or can I just go and create a new hunt group with the 5 agents in it and change the vector to your second opinion?

So Sterrenjager if the hunt group is set to ucd-mia and all the users are actually logging in with agent id's all I need to do is change the hunt group to ead-mia and then change the skill set on the 5 agents to be 2 versus 1? Is this correct.

Again...If I am assuming correctly, then when the hunt group is ead-mia and the users are logging in/out with skill sets assigned to them, all that needs done is to change the skill set from 1 to 2 for the 5 users. They will then only get calls if all skill set 1 are unavail?

Indeed.

But check if your system can use eas, check system customer option for "Expert Agent Selection (EAS)? y" if you have a "n" here, you can't use it.

With expert agent selection you can give one agent more skills, so when an agent login, he can get skill 1, skill 2 etc with levels.

If you don't have EAS, you can still use "bcms-vustats loginIDs", in system features you can change the following:

ACD Login Identification Length: 4
BCMS/VuStats LoginIDs? y
Validate BCMS/VuStats Login IDs? y

But then you need to login the agent at each split (huntgroup) it is in.

Vector example:
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing silence
02 goto step 14 if time-of-day is fri 17:00 to mon 08:00
03 goto step 14 if time-of-day is all 17:00 to all 08:00
04 queue-to skill (xx or 1st) pri m
05 goto step 11 if available agents in skill (xx or 1st) <1
06 announcement xxxxx
07 wait-time 20 secs hearing ringback
08 announcement yyyyy
09 wait-time 20 secs hearing ringback
10 goto step 8 if unconditionally
11 stop
12 queue-to skill (yy or 2nd) pri m
13 goto step 6 if unconditionally
14 stop

This way the call queues on the first skill and when no agent is available it queues on the second skill as well.

So give 25 agents the first skill and the other 5 the second skill.

Hope this helps.

Re:Is this a right to use, BSR? Or can I just go and create a new hunt group with the 5 agents in it and change the vector to your second opinion?

It is up to you and your system. This parts of vectors are just exsample. If you are newbie in BSR I suggest you to take second option:

2. queue to skill 1st pri m
3. goto step 4 if available agents in skill 1st <1
4. queue to skill 2nd pri l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back