Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Skill and Level 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtophones1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
How does Skill and Level work on an agent's profile?

By using skill levels you can control what call the agent receives first. If skill 10 is your English line with a level of 1, and your Spanish skill is 11 with a level of 2, your agent is always going to receive the English call first.

So, does your scenario imply that my agent can speak some Spanish, but English better? Does this also mean that if I have another agent which speaks Spanish better than English, I would need to set him up with a skill of 10, level 2 and skill 11, level 1?

Exactly. Also, if you have a skill type that's a revenue making call you would want the agents skill level as 1, and non-revenue making calls as 2.

Don't forget (if you use vector processing) on the PBX the queue-to skill command also has a priority level. If you set Skill 1 as pri h on the pbx and Skill Skill 2 as pri m, then on the Agent profile Skill 1 is L and Skill 2 is h, Skill 1 will overide Skill 2 in the queue.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

OK, you brought up another question that I have. Do you know of any online docs that explains how priorities work? I'm getting confused on how level and priority work. In my environment, there is no need to use a priority, but I do not want to inadvertantly use priority and thinking I am only influencing the call center by level of skill. There is another question: I have individuals sharing a phone (they are in shifts) that have both a personal extension as well as an agent login extension. The phone they use is a 6416D+. They are complaining that they want to have both their personal as well as agent extensions on that phone. Since it looks like I can give the phone only one extension (I think), how do I set that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back