Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sk99 transfer to a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

onleg

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
US
I acquired a mini laptop (Acer) with windows XP and tried to transfer a copy of sk99 to it but get error messages saying that specified files cannot be found.

When I examine the program folder they are there.

Any ideas?

oneleg

Dear Onleg,

You cannot install a program by just copying the files over onto the new Laptop.
You have to use the install program on the original CD or download it from my website check out the FAQ pages here at Tek-Tips.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

This is a personal message to "james33" regarding a thread that has been closed (Hi, Jim). The only way I could figure out to send it is via the forum -- it has nothing to do with the topic. (My apologies to the other form members for resorting to this!)

I'm writing about the FAQ that deals with syncing Sidekick 98 to a Palm-IIIxe. I have a few problems that I'm hoping you can address, a major one being the advice to uninstall then reinstall Palm Desktop 4.0.1. The original install was done by a technician with whom I am no longer in contact, and I cannot find any place on the web where this version is still available. Any ideas?

I'm hoping you will send me a personal e-mail, so that we can correspond directly. In fact, I was sure that we had done that already a year or so ago -- and therefore I had your e-mail address -- but could not find a record of it in my archives. If you're willing to respond, you can reach me at (formatted to foil those who scan e-mails for addresses)

Name: tonyprete
domain: verizon-dot-net

I do hope I will hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Tony

Dear tonyprete,
Post in a new thread and I will pick it up, but with regard to this situation see the post by Letitia Shen who is far and away the most skilled and knowledgeable when it comes to the Synchronising part of Sidekick software.

faq807-2599

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

I could not find the answer to my question in FAQ.

I am willing to buy a CD that can be used to load to my laptop but will have to copy the CD to a thumb drive since the laptop has no disk drive.

oneleg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back