Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sk98 Earth Time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonarchOne

Technical User
Nov 13, 2013
US
I d/l Windows 8.1 latest updates and now I can't set the time to my central time. If I try to run the Setup wizard then I get a Windows 8 error that says the SK98 program will be shut down. Now, the default is stuck on Pacific time only! I haven't come across any other issues since the update.

Anyone else seen this issue or a have a fix for this?

Dear MonarchOne

Not having had Windows 8 on any of my computers I may be off the wall here, but have you checked if you have the Tools|Synchronise|Time Synchroniser set up? If so that could maybe be the cause.

Regards
Jim

James33, Thanks for reminding me of this SK98 function. Alas, I am still on PST not CST. I tried several different connections. It will say synchronization in progress but the time doesn't change to CST. It seems to be the Windows 8.1 update, as it worked with Window 8. Now, everytime I update Windows latest updates, SK98 starts with the setup wizard before I can open my files. Each update seems to get closer to making SK98 inoperable. I love this program and I am frustrated that it can't be updated or replaced. Thanks for the help!

Dear MonarchOne

Alas, I am still on PST not CST
Sorry not familiar or I have forgotten?
What does it mean?

Regards
Jim

PST = Pacific Standard Time and CST = Central Standard time. BTW, I may have found a fix to get on CST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back