Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SK 98 vs SK 99? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzman111

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2003
US
I'm a non-technical but avid and longtime user of Sidekick as my PM. I read with great interest the thread on trying to revive it and am emphatically in total support of doing that. But I also didn't think asking my question was appropriate to that thread. In that thread I kept noticing that all these people who are so much more expert than me keep swearing by Sidekick 98, instead of Sidekick 99. I've been using the latter for years and like it a lot. What am I missing here? Why are the gurus preferred 98?

Others will probably give you a better answer, but one of the things I noticed with SK99 is that it does not have the functionality as SK98, it is sort of a Sidekick lite compared to the other versions. Check out this site:

Check out the Sidekick Comparison Chart, it will explain it better than I can.

Thanks for reminding of that classic website for info on Sidekick. The comparison chart was very helpful--and it reminded me why I opted to stick with Sidekick 99. I like the look and feel of it better than 98 and don't see that I much need for the features the latter contains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back