Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sizing Controls on Subform Datasheet View

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryDeLaruelle

Technical User
May 19, 2000
US
I created a form to be used as a subform and sized the controls to appear the way I want them.

When I change the view to datasheet view the sizing defaults to a column width not of my choosing.

Is there a way to control how controls appear in datasheet view or am I stuck with what Access decides the widths should be?
[sig]<p>Larry De Laruelle<br><a href=mailto:larry1de@yahoo.com>larry1de@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Larry, I have the same feelings about the datasheet view. Try using the continuous forms view for your subform. There are advantages to this, first the user cannot resize the columns, you can control movement in the subform, you can attach code to display the current row with a highlight color. If you are interested, I have an example db that I can send you showing some of these things.
[sig]<p>John A. Gilman<br><a href=mailto:gms@uslink.net>gms@uslink.net</a><br>[/sig]

Thanks John.

Gives a little different look than I really wanted, but sometimes you have to live with what works.
[sig]<p>Larry De Laruelle<br><a href=mailto:larry1de@yahoo.com>larry1de@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

If you play around a little with the form design you will find it hard to tell it is not a datasheet. Even the ability to move up and down by using the arrow keys can be applied to the continuous form view. [sig]<p>John A. Gilman<br><a href=mailto:gms@uslink.net>gms@uslink.net</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back