Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sizing a window permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryingeverything

Instructor
Jul 30, 2003
US
When a user opens Groupwise EVERYTIME the window is sized too large for the existing screen and we cannot get to the corner to make it smaller. So, I change the settings on the desktop to be smaller, adjust the window size, then change the settings back to the pixel size it was originally. However, once the user exits groupwise and opens it again, the window size has not been changed permanently. The user has to go through this process again.

any ideas?

GW 6.5, "verifying" groupwise has not fixed this.

If the window is maximized when the user opens, click the "restore down" button so the window is smaller which should now give the user the ability to go in with the mouse and re-size, if needed. Once GroupWise is closed down and the user re-opens, it should open to the desired size.

Hope this helps!

it may be a PC problem or a user database problem. Try getting another user to logon at that computer.

We had this same problem. I found that if you drag the corner of the GroupWise window to the size that you want it, it will stay that size the next time you go into it. The minimize and maximize only worked for the current session.

well, thanks for all the responses, but none of these work. It is profile related, as it only happens for this one person, and if I log onto his machine, the window sizes fine. Also, if I log on as him on another pc, the window sizes fine.

we have removed his profile so a new one was created, and I have uninstalled GW completely and re-installed and the window never retains its re-set size. I have even looked at how Windows (2k) saves the window size and looked at the registry settings. It is quite a mystery as this is only a problem for him.

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back