Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sizing a database in Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinod

Programmer
Jan 22, 2000
IN
Hai pals, my doubt is that how to size a database in Oracle app for better storage and performance.<br>
The database is a very large production system.<br>
Can anybody give the approximate Parameter settings,<br>
Rollback seg settings, Redo log settings, Datafile settings,<br>
Tablespace settings etc.<br>
<br>
Suppose a table name MASTER which has high inserts, updates<br>
and some deletes which comprisises massive data in it.<br>
What would be the PCTFREE, PCTUSED, INITIAL, NEXT, PCTINCREASE for this table.<br>
<br>
Also if different scenarious for managing tables, indexes,<br>
rollback segments given with examples will be good.<br>
<br>
Awaiting for reply.<br>
<br>

Go to the Oracle Metalink site and look up a note in their tech support system.<br>
The note's name is Space the Final Frontier and the number is Note 10640.1.<br>
Anyone can get account there that has a CSI that you should have gotten when you purchased your Oracle software.<br>
<br>

Please ,<br>if you got this note (Note 10640.1), send it to me&nbsp;&nbsp;(my e-mail:<A HREF="mailto:ramdani1@mpsa.com">ramdani1@mpsa.com</A>).<br>Thanks

you can find all detail in oracle administrator's guide in the table creation part.One can not say what should be the parameter values it depends on how many rows there will be how many update how many deletes , what is the siez of the block DB_BLOCK_SIZE in init(sdi).ora. How many initial transactions and max transactions should be allowed on the block. How ever u can find a example in the oracle administrator's guide go for it.

hello<br>What about backgroung process.................?<br>what about memery......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back