Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Size issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvertonFC

Technical User
Nov 24, 2004
GB
Hello

Is there a reason, please, why this does not show 8pt in my browser (the colour is fine and the font), but the type looks even larger than 12pt!

<style type="text/css">

body{
background-color: #e0e0e0;
font-family:verdana;

}

td a{
color:#FFFFFF
font-size:8pt;

{

</style>

Thanks

EvertonFC

Still no change, Lee.

But thanks, anyway.

Put a semi-colon after your line with the color in it, too. I missed that the first time.

Lee

Yes, still the same Lee. As I say, everything is fine, just the size of the verdana font.

Cheers

Steve

Do you have an url where we could see this happening? Do you have any other styles elsewhere? How does your html code look like? Lee saw that good, your original code had no semi-colon after color, which would make it not render anything beyond that point.

How about changing your last curly brace to a close brace rather than an open one? Maybe you should run your page through a CSS checker to catch all the typos. I'm sure not doing very well, only getting them one by one! :)#

Lee

OK this is what I have (summarised!):

<style type="text/css">

body{
background-color: #e0e0e0;
font-family:verdana;

}

td a{
color:navy;
font-size:8px;

}

</style>
</head>

<body>

<table border="3" width="75%">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF">Fred</td>
<td a>Manager</td>
<td a>Fred@abc.com</td>
</tr>
</table>

The table loks fine (it's on an Intranet sorry, so I can't give the URL) and even the white background appears behind the first name (as in Fred in the script above). The font, too is Verdana, and there is a grey background (#e0e0e0) behind the table.

But again, the font size is too big. Oh! And the font colour is not navy, but black - so something isn't registering!

Thanks for any help.

EvertonFC

There is no such thing as an element called <td a>. You would do a service to us and yourself by learning at least the basics of html and css. W3 Schools could be a nice place to begin.

What you're saying in your css is that every anchor element (<a>) that is inside a table cell (<td>) will have that style and in your html you have no anchor tags anywhere. You only have a table cell with erroneous a attribute inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back