Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Size dividing lines in detail section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJtechnical

Technical User
Aug 7, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I have a report, for quoting products with usual fields in the detail section, item number, description quantity etc.

I want it to look like a table so I have lines between fields which works fine.

However I have an additional field which may or may not contain information depending on another fields contents. This fields can grow setting is true so I need to make the lines height grow to the new detail section height. Have tried an on opene event using:

line.height = detail.height

this just sizes the line to detail height before the other field has grown and is therefore not big enough.

Hope this makes sense, any ideas greatly appreciated.

thanks

There are threads herin (Tek-Tips) which discuss (and illustrate) dynamic sizing of line objects in Ms. A.

Try using "search" with terms ~~ [Line | Height | Width | OnFormat | On Format | ... ]

I believe the important element is when the sizing is done, and the On Format event is the correct placement, but it has been a while since I've actually looked at it.

MichaelRed

Thanks Michael,

Had thought is was as you say the order in which things occur, unfortunately the search engine is down at the moment so can't delve any deeper, will try later.

LJTechnical

There are some samples in the Calendar reports at showing how to use the Line Method to draw lines in the report section based on the height of grown controls. Stephen Lebans has a PrintLines sample at his site
Duane
MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green]
[red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]
[blue]Ask me about my grandson, get a grand answer.[/blue]

I've been using this code for years: thread703-391469

make sure your text box borders are transparent and they are all snugged up against each other horizontally.

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back