Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Situational GPOs in Windows Server 2003 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs4

MIS
Jun 10, 2002
US
Hello,

I am currently implementing Active Directory in my school's network, and we are moving towards having an individual username for each student, grade 9 and up. What my question is, however, is related to a need we have for GPOs to be situational, and to apply based on the computer location. We have 3 business class labs that each have different software installed, and therefore different start menus, quick launch, etc. Is there a way to have a GPO apply only if a useris logging onto X computer, and a different one if they log onto Y computer?

TYIA,
Charlie

Why not create a shared desktop and host it on the server then use desktop redirection to give all PC's the same uniform desktop place all of the shortcuts in the start menu.

If you really want to have different desktops in each OU then you could do the same but use Group Policy Loopback to make the same desktop applies in each room no matter what user logs on.

Thanks!

I think the loopbakc settings will allow me to do what I need to.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back