Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site to Site VPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin1234321

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
GB
I am setting up a connection from my home to office. The office end of the VPN is a Pix 515. Has anyone tried connecting a Linksys WRV54G to a Pix through a VPN and was it succesful?

I have actually come across a problem when connecting the BEFVP41 models to a PIX. As soon as phase 1 would complete the Linksys would lock up and require a power cycled before it would respond. Your model is newer than the one I used but it may be a similar problem.

I ended up purchasing a Netgear for the site to site VPN and it worked great.

Its odd that Linksys is owned by Cisco and that their products wouldn't work with each other...

Good luck with it..

Quick update for soneji. Have done some configuration and now debugging. I am getting a partial connection(pix command:show crypto isakmp sa) ie the pix is recognising the attempt but cannot get a full connection. Hoping to have some time with a colleague soon who is a CCIE who should be able to help. Will let you know. Thanks for responding.

Not had a chance to work on it for a few weeks. Just had a long wait for BT to connect my home broadband and get a static ip address. Hopefully get back onto it on Friday. Will post the result or, more likely, the error messages.

I have the config working, but it dies after a few hours...
Can anyone else confirm/deny the same results?

PIX 501 to Linksys WRV54G site to site vpn.

(static pix, dynamic linksys)

I could check the logs, but don't know if I'd recognize the problem if it bit me in the backside.
Willing to take a go if I publish and/or email the logs?

Still not having any luck with this. Phase 1 is completing (confirmed from the Pix end of the link) but that seems to be it. We are now trying the same thing with a WAG54G to Pix 515 and getting the same result. If anyone has ever managed to get either of these scenarios working I would be grateful to see the configurations. We have done everything according to the book and still failing.

Thanks bytehd I have Kiwi installed anyway. Will have to get it installed on a server at the pix end and try again. Will keep you informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back