Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site-to-site VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

meetesh

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2001
US
Hello:

I have VPN established using MS PPTP (NT server). I wd like change over to a site-to-site (LAN-to-LAN) VPN and also allow remote users to VPN into either site. I have looked hard, and haven't found any easy step by tep procedures to implement this. From what I have read, my option is CISCO 3005 Concentrator. We have 15 users at each site and 5 mobile users.

Also, we have a third site overseas. Can we hook up a three way site-to-site VPN using CISCO 3005? Or any other method?

TIA,
Meetesh.

You might have a problem with the overseas site running strong encryption like 3DES, as there are export restrictions. I'd recommend you contact Cisco Sales, and they can help you to get a hold of one of their certified integrators, who can help you set this up without all the little details for you to worry about.

Just my 2 cents.

Meetah,

We run a multi site Lan-to-Lan 3DES VPN Tunnel using just PIX-520 Firewalls. Also the lastest version of the PIX 6.0(1) supports the Windows 2000 VPN Client. This version also has a configurable DHCP server to hand out addresses. Using Windows IAS (Internet Authentcation Server), kind of like a radius box, you can authenticate to your Active Directory. I am in the process of trying this part...

Hope this helps.

Some links:

Pix-to-Pix stuff

W2K VPN Stuff

SKILPATR

Many thanks for all your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back