Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

site review

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgyboy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2002
AU
hi I just finished my first Flash site and was hoping a few of u guys could find the time to check it out and give me some feedback. its at

white text on light grey is not perhaps the best choice. i feel text ought to stand out and be easier to read.

the navigation system needs work...there is much more there than the opening buttons suggest.

why not publish at 100% x 100% ?

but all in all for a first go at a full flash site you get a Well Done.

i forgot to thank old newbie for helping me with main preloader _ thanks oldnewbie!!!

Bill _ what do u mean publish at 100%x100%???

hello,

this site looks very good and is built currect (main loader and local loaders). fews suggestions :

1. at the beginning you show quotation that fades out after few seconds. meanwhile when some1 press the buttons, the content of that part is shown under this quotation... not understandable. program the qutation to fade out when a buttom is being clicked.

2. the music is over repeating. try to varied the music.

3. when entering the video, stop the music, otherwise the user will hear two types of music (the video and the site).

4. try to make the buttoms looks more like buttoms. for exemple, in the achivements section, the text "achivement" and the years (ie 2001,2002) looks the same.

thats it, hope it was helping...

just one more thing, what how did you configured the video so it will be played while loading it self, did you choose the option to play the file from the web server/directly from the computer...

your,
esakal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back