Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

s6d

Technical User
Jan 9, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

If you have time, I would appreciate feedback on my site
I am just getting my feet wet in designing sites for small businesses and at this point I am really just trying to build up my portfolio.

Thanks for your help! Studio6 Designs

Hi,

I really like that site, very nice job!!!!

A few things: (contact page)
- put the MAXLENGTH attribute on all your form fields
- (optional) only allow numbers in the phone number
- you need form validation / email validation
- your <TEXTAREA> should be aligned to the very left just under the words Questions and Comments, although it lines up with the above form fields I think it would be better to have it line up with the left and have it stretched out more horizontally to give more area for input.

Other than that, very nice!

Hope this helps!
relax.gif

Nice job, i'd follow on the validation for the form, also make sure that noone enters any cuss words as well, there's a validation for that also...
Good work... I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

IE6,1024x768, Cable Modem
Fast download, less than a second for the front page
Nice color scheme, not overbalanced (ie to much blue, etc)

May want to consider doing something with the font, perhaps it is just me, but using the generic font is probably the easiest thing to change to add a little more class.

Nice look and feel on the form, enough differant to not be generic, but enough the same to still look like a form. Black and white always gives it a good look :)

Mozilla, 1024x768, Cable Modem
Same as above, no major differences

Konqueror, 1024x768, Cable Modem
Loses the background color of the body and thus the tags, but not a major issue because the number of konqueror users is rather small

Thats my three browsers :)

-Tarwn ________________________________________________________________________________
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq333-2924

800x600 display

IE 5.5: looks great One tiny thing, the Contact us link on the left when viewing the portfolio page is smaller than the rest of the sentence. It caught my attention anyways

Opera 6.05:
1. I see a blue retangle between your sphere on the bottom and the white box, bout 10 or so pixels wide.

2. On the services page the line breaks in your catagories aren't showing up.

Screen shot of both issues for you

Hope this helps
PS I also love the design, very clean and easy, quite refreshing to see compared to all the &quot;busy&quot; sites that want me to concentrate on 12 different places at once.

Moira
&quot;Those that stop learning, stop living.&quot;

Two small problems . . .

On the portfolio page, Below is a few of studio6 designs' most recent projects. should be Below are a few of studio6 designs' most recent projects.

On the contacts page, the phone number displays to the right of the label, the email address falls to the line below. Not a big deal, but I would move one or the other. Also, I would expect the email address to be a link.

Otherwise, very pleasing. Loads quickly, don't need sunglasses. Conveys the message well to a short attention span.

IE6.0 @ 1024 X 768 on cable.

Thank you all for your feedback. I am glad to get some comments on how the site looks in different browsers.

Your comments were very helpful and I will be incorporating them soon!

Studio6 Designs

Dear Sd6,
I like the simpleness of your site as well as your portfolio sites.

The only change I would suggest is to tweak your text line space on your home page. Because studio6 starts with a lowercase letter, it makes it seem random at the beginning of the paragraph. It would probably be less disconcerting if the paragraphs were no-doubt easy-to-identify paragraphs. I would experiment with indenting the first line or making the linespacing 1.2 (1.5 might not fit well).

The way it is, I noticed that it made my eyes rebellious!
Yours,
The MoonHare The Moonhare

NIce simple site. Your form doesn't quite work in Netscape 4.79 though. I know I know!! But I test in 4.79 and up. Yes, there are lots of folks still using it...

*grins* **Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.**

Thanks for letting me know about the form not working in Netscape 4.79. I will take a look at it and make sure that I get that fixed. Studio6 Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back