Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

site review 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
feherke, thanks for that link. I have JS form validation and server side validation for those that can't interpret red.

chris, thanks for the advise on the underline text, but the links on the site are in dark blue which stand out as links. I did test the notion of non underlining but I don't like the way that looks.

How about putting them in bold and/or italics, or in an (un)orderded list? Even if you say that your other "links on the site are in dark blue which stand out as links" that still doesn't stop them looking like links.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

GUJU - I kind of like the treatment of the text where it says: "WHAT SERVICES DOES IMAJIN ARTS PROVIDE?"

What if you used that text for "Our web development services include:" and make the text for "WHAT SERVICES DOES IMAJIN ARTS PROVIDE?" a little bigger.

You've made some great progress... kim

I don't know why everyone was ganging up on GUJU, it's not like tek-tips.com itseld is validator.w3.org compliant. came back with 20 errors.
Nobody was ganging up on the original poster. They asked a question and were looking for advice on ways to improve their website and that's why lots of people posted to say what they thought could be improved.

As for Tek-Tips not validating, everyone who posted here is part of the Tek-Tips forums but they are not responsible for maintaining the site and have no control over whether it validates or not.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

AlwaysWilling,
I see from your profile that you may not have discovered yet how Tek-Tips works. Tek-Tips provides a (monitored) blank canvas, and it's up to us, the members, to fill that canvas with questions AND answers. Read the faq222-2244 (referred in ca8msm's sig above), particularly paragraph 16, for further details.

GUJU - I think it looks great. Definitely better without the underlines.

Good job... kim

kim00, thanks Kim. Much obliged.

AlwaysWilling, thanks for sticking up.

Though it is interesting to note that johnwm used exclamation point when he said:
I sure wouldn't buy a web design service that can't produce a site that doesn't even start to validate!

Which any english teacher would point out is used for strong emotions, excitement or emphasis. (Not sure why he would feel so strongly about that statement...)

Anyways, I thank all posters that contributed to this thread!

validated css from your home page -- one error:

[tt]Errors
URI :
* Line: 21 Context : .copy

Invalid number : font-weight none is not a font-weight value : none

[/tt]

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
[tt]mr. pibb + red vines = crazy delicious![/tt]

[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.coryarthus.com/[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.