Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Review Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesselescape

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2002
US
Requesting review of at your leisure.

Site was designed with cross browser use in mind, so particularly interested in problems found with non-standard browsers eg: opera, etc.

Have tried to check as many different scenarios as possible as to browser, screen resolution, and script use, but nothing like an outside review to find the bugs.

TIA

not bad!
tested in NN7 1024*
IE 5.5 + 6 1024*
some things I noticed
the site does not seem to have a form to it. there is no structure I mean. everything seems to be thrown onto the screen in that the tables have no uniformality to them with the flow of the content to each other.

try a smaller font size for the navigational font. rate now it seems too big and at a smaller font size you could make the wording into one line instead of two for each.
eg:
Welcome
Sales Information instead of Sales
Information

on all the pages you link to them by creating a new window. any particular reasoing for that. if so then I would NOT take the resize away as the pages do not seem to fit very well at the size as is. that's not really all that great at a 1024* resoplution as 800* will be far worse.

the nav menu needs to be pushed and set to a specific open position so it does not cover the initial link the user mousesover.
see here to what I mean.
men.gif

hope that helps out
onpnt
[sup] [/sup]

The menu is the most glaring problem i see.

The popups need a different background color or something they are diffictult to read. Also all the things onpnt said about them as well.

Now for instance i click (Sales information/Property for Sale) i recieve a new page on your site but the menu is "GONE"!

I have always felt that maintinaing the same menu accross the site has to help users navigate the site (less confusing).

good luck
-pete

In IE6, 1024* res

I'm repeating but anyway...

1. Nav menu, needs to be reworked, should be very neat and professional, it now pops up all over the place
2. opening new windows ONLY for off site links!
and the windows are not resizable which is extremely annoying!
3. links like "for a few days" or "for a lifetime" don't see to go to logical places in my opinion
4. make it a little neater, make the content column smaller, push the logo a little more to the left, maybe put a box or something around the navigation col
5. specify a doctype

Hope that helps, with a few corrections it'll be good!

É ::

Hi, a few comments:

1) I think its kind of too plain, needs some background colors or some kind of a background image...

2) The text looks too big, i'm looking on an IE6 1024*768 resolution with the browser text-size set to medium, and the text looks big...

3) The menu, the sub-menu choices should be pushed a little to the right (I think someone mentioned this above)...

4) All pages should be consistant, meaning put the navigation menu on all subsequent pages...

5) Under "Vacation Rentals", "Search the Vacation Rentals" leads to a search box, that should really be on the main page, you don't want your users searching for the search box, now do you??

6) Under "Site Information", "Copyrights" is openend in a new window, why?? Makes no sense...just create a regular page and link to that, no new window...

That's all for now, hope I helped... :) I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back