Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Review please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Very nice site. The blues are great. The items that caught my attention are:

1. I use 1024x768 res and upon visiting your page it looked very odd up in the left hand corner of my display. The pages with more content look fine, just the "intro", "about", etc. ...

2. Is it really necessary to have tool tips that are the same as the links? They have their uses but in this case it's kinda annoying.

Other then that I like your layout and use of colors.

Glenn

Hi,

Some nice touches, and overall it gives a very professional, confident impression. The only comment I would make is that some elements are showing too many JPEG artifacts. The main logo would probably look cleaner as a GIF. Other than that, it's definately on the right track!

hth

Hi,

Okay, here's a few suggestions.
First off, the main thing is who are you all about ??
I think you may need to re shuffle a few things around.
Example:
When I first got to your page, I have no idea who you are, why you are on the web and most importantly what do you do?

When I arrive at your first link 'about' I still don't get an answer as you are not really describing who you are. The same hting for the second link 'contact'.

I think you need to put both those links at the bottom.
In 'about', why not descirbe why you got into the business and how. You put this:
'Over the past 2 years continual development has been undertaken to ensure the best quality service and products.'
Again, what service ? what products ?

After about the fourth page I finally found out that you do web hosting, design, etc.
Why not have a side link 'web design' and 'hosting' ? at the top. which will solve your service page, 'cause I personally think it scrolls too far down.'

Also, what about a site map ?

Sorry to rip you a bit. I could probably go on but you get the picture.
The thing to keep in mind is people can be stupid and lazy.
I'm included in that group. When I go to a new web site, I want to be able to find the information I'm looking for, quick and easily.

Good Luck!

FxColin is always so helpfully direct and he forgives you if you take his comments with a grain of salt!

As for me, I loved the cow, but I liked the sidebar enough that its absence on the portfolio page was irksome I found my self reaching for the alt/back-arrow to find it again. Any way to have both the portfolio and sidebar? Or make the portfolio page open up to a different window?

Yrs,
The MoonHare

The Moonhare

Yeah, just tried in on a Mac running OS9.2 with IE 5.1 and I'm getting blanks too...

Thanks for pointing that out experts,

Urr, well all I can say is that it was a malfunction on behalf of DW. Anyway the site is now completely up!

Thanks for your cooperation,

Many Regards,

adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back